Tom Anderson Cobra S
The screaming had become too loud, the demand too great—we loved it.
Those who lived and breathed the obvious advantages of Cobra but also reveled in their S-shaped Andersons wanted the two to merge into one magnificent instrument that could and would boast all Cobra attributes but look and hang like their favorite "S-shaped" "Ande".
In 1996, Cobra S took its rightful place alongside the now renown Cobra to add the same Cobra "crush" to the world of "S." Taking over the (musical) world with an "S" just got a lot easier. This is the "S-shaped" guitar that will command everything within its earshot.
Cobra S is:
- Short Scale - 24 3/4-inch strings length - focused mids - easier reaching and bending
- Mahogany Construction - a powerful mahogany foundation of body and neck backs up all Cobra S has to say with midrange muscle
- Sleek and svelte, non-pickguard "S" delineation
- Twin humbuckers - other Anderson pickup options available as well
- Straight, single-plane (not tilt-back) neck-to-body geometry
- Bridge - fully-functional vintage-type tremolo or fixed bridge - both with string-through-the-body design for increased saddle tension - offering a bit of a bite, tonally speaking.